Week Long Sales Event – October 5th – October 9th
Factory Reps in Store Thursday, October 8th
The Great Tool Festival & Open House is the biggest event we hold at The Power Tool Store. We will be doing things a bit differently this year in that instead of just two days of deals, you’ll be getting an ENTIRE WEEK of great deals and savings from October 5th to October 9th. Additionally on Thursday, October 8th we will have select factory reps in the store.
During this week long event we’ll have some of the best deals you’ll ever see on everything from drills to generators and circ saws to snow blowers. You’d be hard pressed to find better deals on power tools and equipment from leading manufacturers like Milwaukee, DeWalt, Generac, Makira, Husqvarna, Paslode and others anywhere else in the Northeast Wisconsin and beyond during this event.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation, we are encouraging customers to order via phone, email or online. As always, the safety of our staff AND customers is our foremost concern however we still wanted to be able to hold this event to offer you these phenomenal deals and savings. Further information will be coming so keep an eye out in our newsletter, on our website and social media channels.
From Makita check out this handy saw buying guide & the different types of power saws, perfect National Woodworking Month.
The circular saw is one of the most versatile tools for any shop. For the woodworker, a circular saw can be adapted for everything from simple crosscuts and rips for sizing lumber, to making jigs, to even making dados and rabbets in a pinch.
When it comes to making highly-accurate straight, bevel, miter and compound cuts in narrower or longer lumber, it’s hard to beat a miter saw. A miter saw’s ability to rapidly change blade orientation and cut depth make it extremely useful for small trim, like moldings and picture frame components, drawer sides, and regular board cuts in larger dimensional lumber.
Cutting sheet goods can be a cumbersome task, particularly for those for whom either don’t have the space, or prefer to not use table saws. With that in mind, we engineered our plunge saw and guide rail system (also referred to as a “track saw”).
Paired with a guide rail, plunge circular saws are a great alternative to table saws for getting accurate longer cuts. Plunge saws are ideal for cutting large wood panels and other wood materials including melamine and MDF, aluminum, and Corian®.
One of the best tools in a woodworker’s arsenal is the jig saw; with its versatility to cut everything from wood to plastic to metal, it’s a must-have in any shop. The smaller form factor, blade size and wide availability of blade types give jig saws the ability to do everything from freehand cutting intricate shapes for patterns and jigs, to creating large circular cuts, to even trimming delicate veneers.
There is growing demand for cordless alternatives to gas-powered outdoor power equipment. Makita is meeting demand with an expanding line of cordless OPE, including the 18V X2 LXT® (36V) Cordless 14” Top Handle Chain Saw Kit (model XCU08PT). With zero emissions, lower noise, and considerably less maintenance than gas-powered chain saws, the XCU08PT is a welcome solution for cutting and trimming applications. The compact top-handle design makes it ideal for the professional tree care industry.
Powered by two 18V LXT® batteries for maximum power, speed and run-time, the XCU08PT is easy to start by simply loading the 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Batteries and powering on. The XCU08PT has a variable speed trigger and high chain speed (0-4,720 FPM) for increased cutting speed, with torque boost mode for cutting dense material.
It has zero emissions and reduced maintenance: there’s no engine oil to change, no spark plug to replace, no air filter or muffler to clean, and there’s no need to drain the fuel for storage. With the Makita® Outer Rotor Brushless Motor with direct-drive system, users get high power efficiency. Other convenience features include adjustable automatic chain lubrication, built-on lock-off lever to help prevent the chain from accidentally engaging, an electric brake for maximum productivity, and more.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V LXT System, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V lithium-ion slide-style batteries. Makita® 18V Lithium-Ion Batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion Batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Makita-built Outer Rotor BL™ Brushless Motor direct-drive system provides power equivalent to a 30cc gas chain saw
- Variable speed trigger and high chain speed (0-3,940 FPM) for improved cutting performance
- Torque boost mode powers through thick or hard branches
- Two 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion batteries deliver 36V power and performance without leaving the 18V LXT® platform
- Includes 14″ sprocket nose guide bar and 3/8 pitch, .043″ gauge chain
- Captured bar nut and lateral chain tensioning for convenient operation and maintenance
- Adjustable automatic chain lubrication with large oil reservoir
- Large oil filling port with view window allows operator to easily add and check bar oil level
- Built-in L.E.D. on/off switch with auto power-off function; automatically shuts the saw off after 60 seconds for extended battery life
- Built-in lock-off lever helps prevent the chain from accidentally engaging
- Low noise level and zero emissions for operator comfort
- Rubberized soft grip top handle is engineered for the user to more easily apply even cutting pressure
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Features Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) which is engineered to provide increased dust and water resistance in harsh job site conditions
- 3-year limited warranty on tool, battery and charger
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
As is often the case, when you upgrade a Makita cordless power tool you’re inevitably left with old batteries. Sometimes you can solve this issue by modifying your new tool to accept the old battery, but do you really want to be doing that to your brand new tool. Instead, you can very easily modify the old battery so it will work with your new tool, keep it in the great condition you have it in plus the benefit of having additional power sources available from your old batteries.
Check out the below step by step guide on how to convert those old batteries.