The New JET 15 helical head planer quickly and quietly transforms rough lumber into smooth boards. This machine means business with a powerful 3 HP motor combined with a helical cutterhead housing 48 staggered carbide quick change knives. The innovative Precision Air Strut System (PASS) provides consistent upward pressure on the cutterhead, reducing the chance of board snipe. The conveniently located two-speed gear box allows for quick and easy feed rate adjustments while removing up to 1/8-inch material with each pass for a smooth finish. A large Precision cast-iron table and infeed/outfeed tables make this planer a beautiful addition to the shop.
- Innovative JET – Precision Air Strut System (PASS) provides consistent upward pressure on the cutterhead, reducing the chance of board snipe
- Helix to assist the chip flow
- Heavy-duty precision ground cast iron table and four post design provides maximum control and support when passing boards through planer.
- Powerful 3-HP motor with v-belt transmission reduces vibration and running noise
- Dual infeed speed control for 16fpm or 20fpm, maximizes cut efficiency
- Maximum depth of cut 1/8″, 6″ cutting height and 15″ width capacity
- Large cast Iron precision ground infeed/outfeed tables provide support for large work pieces
- Large hand wheel with positive gear drive easily moves the head to the desired board thickness
- Magnetic Switch with green safety light illuminates when powered
- 4″ Dust Port hooks up to dust management system and helps keep shop clean